He’s No Good To Me Dead – Making a Mandalorian Part 2

Having looked at my current Mandalorian helmet and the design of the legacy armour I didn’t like how they looked together. So after some searching I found patterns for a range of different helmets. I’ve settled on doing a variant of Demagol’s helmet design.


As usual I managed to get the sizing slightly off. The helmet on the right fits me but doesn’t allow for any space and would need to be clam shelled to take on and off. However as usual it currently  fits my youngest so his armoury increases once again. Did some more resizing and the new one fits with enough space I can slide it on and off easily. 


Smaller helmet was a good practise as it helped me identify some of the tricky points that needed to be focused on during assembley. 


Next step is to fibreglass the helmets and then begin the slow process of filling out the shape and form with body filler. The armour I need to take a good look over so I can decide on the best way to connect the various parts together. 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: